Hepatitis A Outbreak in Ripon – Press Release
As has been publicised in the local press and social media, it is confirmed that there is an outbreak of Hepatitis A at Outwood Academy in Ripon.
Public Health England are closely monitoring the situation in conjunction with local GP practices, Harrogate District Foundation Trust and Harrogate and Rural District CCG.
Public Health England would like to reassure the local community that currently all cases of Hepatitis A are confined to the school and there is no identified increased risk to the wider community. Parents and staff have been informed.
The health risk at the school is low and those who have been affected are being treated.
Anyone who has not developed symptoms but who is worried about Hepatitis A and don’t have links to the affected school, go to http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Hepatitis-A/Pages/Introduction.aspx or phone NHS 111 for further information.
If you have developed symptoms (such as vomiting or abdominal pain) please contact the surgery directly.
Change in Dispensary Hours
From the 1st June, our Dispensary will be open from 8am until 6pm (currently 8.30am until 6.30pm). This is following a review of the demand for our dispensing services and we feel it will provide a better service for patients.;
We are proud to have served the Ripon community for over 100 years. With a large on-site car park, we are located within the city centre on North Street (HG4 1HL) and offer:
- Guaranteed same day access to highly skilled clinicians via our telephone triage system
- Appointments available until 8pm Monday to Friday, and 8.30am to 12.30pm on Saturday
- Routine appointments, bookable up to 8 weeks in advance
- Online booking of appointments, ordering repeat prescriptions and viewing of medical summary
- Training practice, offering placements to GP trainees, foundation doctors, medical and nursing students.
- On-site Dispensary for patients living over a mile from their nearest chemist
- 100% achievement for the Quality and Outcomes framework
- Rated “Good” by the Clinical Quality Commission
Follow us on Facebook for the latest surgery news https://www.facebook.com/North-House-Surgery-Ripon-196740651118383